TikTok does have a couple requirements you need to meet before live streaming.
First, you will need to have at least 1,000 followers. (If you recently hit the thousand follower mark, don't worry if the live stream option does not show up, it can take a few days). Check out this post if you need help getting more followers.
Secondly, you need to be at least 16 years old. TikTok lets people join the app as young as 13, however you need to be 16 to be able to live stream. Additional features are opened up when you are over 18 like virtual gifts which will help you make money from your TikTok account.
How Do You Go Live On TikTok?
- Open up the TikTok app.
- Press the “+” (plus) button near the bottom of the screen.
- Select the “Live” option which should be below the record button.
- Next, enter the title of your live stream. (It should describe your content to your viewers).
- Next, tap “Go Live” to start your stream.
- After you are finished, end your live by pressing the “X” button.
Did you know that its possible to live stream to multiple social media apps at the same time ? Videolinq can livestream to YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Twitch and more all at once.
How many followers do you need on tiktok to go live?
You need at least 1,000 followers on TikTok to go live.
Can I go live on tiktok without 1000 fans?
No, but you could try using one of the tools listed here to gain followers faster.
Why can’t I go live on TikTok?
The two reasons that can stop you from going live on TikTok are having less than 1000 followers or being under the age of 16.